You’ve worked hard all year and now it’s finally time to take a vacation and relax. If you’re like me, relaxing may take a couple of days to finally let all thoughts about work fade away. And by then, as the matriarch of the family, you’re tasked with spending time at the grocery store buying food, snacks, beverages, etc. Furthermore, you’re planning meals for the whole family and undoubtedly planning twice as many because the kids won’t eat the dinner you planned for the adults. I hope with my top five Lake Norman vacation tips listed below, you will be able to overcome those wicked work thoughts and kitchen duties.
Instead of stressing, indulge in full fledge relaxation mode while you are on vacation. My stays with StayLakeNorman are always the best because they help connect me with the right people, In addition, my anxiety is always put at ease before I even get to the property.
- Use Instacart – Why spend precious vacation time in the grocery store when you can order your groceries and have them delivered? You can start your cart weeks before. Once you’re ready to process the order, you can even schedule your drop off time. And don’t worry, the StayLakeNorman team can share the exact address of your rental if you forget. Pro-Tip: Make sure you check the delivery address the moment you get home. You may end up realizing you want to use Instacart again. I may or may not have delivered groceries to the next guest at the vacation rental on accident. 😱
- Hire a Private Masseuse – What better way to kick start vacation mode and unwind with a relaxing massage? StayLakeNorman referred one of the best masseuses I’ve ever used. She came to the house, set up where I wanted. She even offered to do it on the beach! I adamantly warned our kids if they interrupt they would have to cook their own lunch. 🤣
- Hire a Private Chef – It’s your vacation too…don’t spend all your time in the kitchen. You’re on vacation after all. There is no need for you to cook and clean for everyone. We had the chance to use one of StayLakeNorman’s recommended private chefs who prepared a gourmet meal for us. Yes, they made something for the kids too. They even clean up the mess! Are you kidding me? I can’t even get my kids to clean up their rooms after bribing them. These top chefs cleaned up the kitchen and left it spotless. I need one of these private chefs every day back home! 👨🏻🍳
- Rent a boat – Science has proven that being near water induces relaxation in the mind. Renting a boat from StayLakeNorman was sooo easy and didn’t take much time at all. After booking and filling out the paper work all I had to do is just tell them when we got to the house. No driving packing up the family and driving to a marina, no waiting in line to see if they have any more boats left, and no telling the kids we were getting a boat only to realize they were sold out that day. StayLakeNorman delivered the boat, did our orientation, and even included the tube and skis for our kiddos to enjoy. How perfect! 🚤
- Purchase Ready Made Meals – Again, who said you have to do all the cooking? The private chef experience was a blast but a few days we just wanted to enjoy each other’s company without the pizazz of a chef cooking up a storm. StayLakeNorman recommended a company that delivered sandwiches and salads for us to take on the boat and then they delivered individual meals for dinner to our house. Each person got to choose what they wanted and then we just popped them in the microwave and oven. It was dummy-proof and believe me when I say these are NOT the frozen TV dinners you grew up with! The salmon wellington was to die for. 🤩
Try using some of my Lake Norman vacation tips here to slip into “Lake Norman Time” and get the most out of your vacation…you deserve it!
If you need more information on the chefs, masseuses, and boats, just call StayLakeNorman at (704) 924-0510 and they can help meet all your needs.