Terms and Conditions
Please read and understand the House Rules before you book
It is our goal that your vacation at our vacation home exceeds your expectations for fun, comfort and relaxation. These rules are meant to help ensure these goals and that our guests have their entire damage deposit returned. Please make sure you, and everyone staying in the home understand these rules before check in. Renters are responsible for the actions anyone staying or visiting the home.
We make every effort to ensure our homes are clean and well maintained; however, if you do encounter a problem please report to our office immediately.
- Check In time: 4:00 PM Check Out time: 10:00 AM
- Guest agrees to pay rent and associated fees for the Premises for the home rental which includes the specified additional cleaning/linen fees, pet fees, travel insurance, taxes, and Safely insurance fee. This price does NOT include the cost of the boat rental, third party Online Travel Agency (i.e., AirBNB, VRBO, Homeaway, Trip Advisor, Flip Key) service fees and any taxes associated with those totals. The full balance including all taxes and fees is due sixty (60) days prior to arrival. If full payment is not received sixty (60) days prior to Guest’s arrival at the Premises or at time of booking if the booking is within sixty (60) days from the stay, Company reserves the right to cancel the booking, thus causing the Client to forfeit the paid deposit.
Compliance Deposits: Any reservation made for 3 or less nights within 3 days of check-in is subject to a refundable $3,000 Compliance Deposit and a minimum renting age of 30 years old. The credit card on file must be under the same name as the reservation is made. The full deposit is refundable so long none of the following rules are broken: 1) No parties or events; 2) All parking is within the driveway limits (no street or grass parking); 3) Quiet hours starting at 10pm and ending at 8am are adhered to; and 4) Maximum occupancy limits for night time and day time are not exceeded.
- Insurance / Safely: SafelyStay Fee (Safely) is a non-refundable charge to protect the Guest(s) and Owner(s) from charges due to accidental damage. ALL ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE MUST BE REPORTED TO STAYLAKENORMAN OFFICE BEFORE GUEST(S) DEPARTURE. This insurance coverage from Safely includes:
- Minimum Age: 26 Years Old
- Online Travel Agency Reservations: This agreement will supersede any contract or agreements made between Guest and any Online Travel Agency.
- Guest agrees not to use the Premises for any parties or private events including but not limited to birthday, weddings, etc., or any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation, and may use the Premises for residential purposes only. Guest’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in expedited eviction of the Guest.
- Quiet time begins at 10 p.m. and is observed until 8 a.m. If occupants do not comply with this paragraph, Guest(s) and occupants will be subject to expedited eviction and Guest(s) or occupants will not be entitled to a refund of any rental payments made.
- Guest agrees to not have any tents, chairs, catering trucks, “slip-n-slides”, pools, blankets or any other items on the. Guest will be responsible for any damages to lawn in the event these conditions are not observed.
- Parking & Vehicles: Parking is limited to driveways only — NO on-street parking or parking on the grass is allowed. Also, do NOT park on the neighbors’ properties. This applies to all guests and visitors of Guest.
- Pool Season: Guest understands that if the Premises contains a pool that the pool will only be open from April 1 through October 31. Furthermore, if the pool is a heated pool, the temperature will be kept at a minimum 80 degrees during the Pool Season of April 1 through October 31. Guest understands all pool acitivites and swimming are at their own risks.
- No Smoking INSIDE.
- No rearranging furniture or leaving the property with extensive trash and debris.
- No unprogramming televisions or adding paid subscriptions.
- No open fires in undesignated areas or grills other than those provided by Company.
- No firearms or fireworks are to be discharged on the Premises or neighborhood.
- No criminal or other illegal activities.
- No ATV vehicles to be ridden on their grounds.
- No tampering with any locked areas.
- Pet Policy: Pets must be approved prior to reservation by the Company. A separate Pet Addenda must be signed and an additional $150 per pet will be added to your reservation if approved. If an unauthorized pet is found on the Premises, Guest will incur a minimum $250 pet fee plus possible expedited eviction. Guest must clean up waste from their dog.
- Water Activities: Some houses are equipped with canoes, kayaks, water toys and floats. Company does not guarantee that all equipment will always be in working order and there will be no refund if not. By initialing this section Guest agrees that they will be responsible for supervising all persons using this equipment and hold Company harmless for any accidents or damages that may occur while using this equipment. Any person under the age of 18 MUST be supervised by an adult at all times. North Carolina Law requires than anyone under the age of 16 to wear a properly fitted, Coast Guard approved life vest when operating a non-powered watercraft. Guest agrees to hold Company harmless for any third-party companies, equipment or services referred to Guest by the Company.
- Cameras & Surveillance. Guest understands and accepts that the property may be protected with security cameras. These cameras are used to protect the property from potential break-ins, theft and damage, as well as monitor parking and occupancy rules. There are NO cameras projected inside the home.
- Cancellation or Early Departure. All Cancellations must be completed in writing (Email, Fax or Certified Mail). Cancellations are not considered complete until Guest(s) receives confirmation email from the StayLakeNorman.
If a Guest requests to cancel their reservation 60+ days prior to the arrival date, the StayLakeNorman will refund the total rental payment received less the Processing Fee of 2.9% of the total amount of the booking will be applied.
If a Guest requests a cancellation between 30 and 60 days prior to check-in, the StayLakeNorman will refund 50% of total booking. There will be no 2.9% processing fee added to the refunded amount.
If a Guest requests a cancellation between 8 and 29 days prior to check-in, the StayLakeNorman will refund 25% of total booking. There will be no 2.9% processing fee added to the refunded amount.
If a Guest requests a cancellation between 0 and 7 days prior to check-in, no refund will be offered.
If a Guest requests to cancel their reservation within 24 hours of booking confirmation, the StayLakeNorman will refund the total rental payment received less the Processing Fee of 2.9% of the total amount of the booking despite the number of days until check-in.
- Mandatory Evacuation. There are NO REFUNDS for any reason including, but not limited to, hurricanes, tropical storms, weather conditions, pandemic, state or other orders — even if a mandatory evacuation or shutdown is ordered. Guest may obtain third party travel insurance for Guest’s protection — although it is Guest’s responsibility to verify coverage limits. Guest ASSUMES THE RISK for either not purchasing travel insurance or purchasing inadequate travel insurance. According to the NCVRA 42A-36, if State or local authorities, acting pursuant to Article 36A of Chapter 14 or Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statues, order a mandatory evacuation or shutdown of an area that includes the residential Premises subject to a vacation rental, the Guest under the VRA, whether in possession of the Premises or not, shall comply with any such order. The NCVRA provides that the Guest shall not be entitled to a refund if: (i) prior to the Guest taking possession of the Premises, the Guest refused insurance that would have compensated the Guest for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to mandatory evacuation order; or (ii) the Guest purchased insurance.