Fishing on Lake Norman
Lake Norman is so well known for its assortment of fishing opportunities that it is often the hosts for many tournaments. While most anglers are casting for a record striped bass in these tournaments, you can also expect to catch crappie, white perch, and some of the largest catfish in our state.
- Persons under age 16 are exempt from the requirement of a basic fishing license.
- A resident may fish with natural bait in his county of residence without a basic fishing license. “Natural Bait” is any bait that can be beneficially digested by fish. An individual must carry a form of identification that shows his or her photograph, name and current address. This exemption does not apply to the special trout license.
- July 4th is declared “FREE FISHING DAY” and a fishing license is not required on this date.
- Fishing licenses are available at Wal-Mart, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Food Lion and Gander Mountain.
- Visit www.ncwildlife.org for rules and regulations.
- If you prefer to have your own guide, check out Fishing with Gus, Go To site